Publish events/blog posts via Discord Webhooks to a discord channel

Hi There,

I'm new to SquareSpace and the website scene. My purpose is to host a website for our gaming community and I settled on using Squarespace for the relatively easy start up with templates. One thing that we'd like to be able to do is schedule events via our events page and either sync it to the discord events calendar or just push the event as an embed in a discord events channel via a webhook. This would also be handy if we could do the same for blog posts as we could tie it to an announcement channel on discord. I'm able to fake a few things using forms and googlesheets but It'd be cleaner if there was a way to do it within the site using the code blocks.

If I understand the mechanics properly, I can see how this would be easier to implement on the fluid engine side adapting the social network connections.  SquareSpace would have to provide connectivity to discord or a field to enter the webhook url. When the user hits "publish" or "save" it automatically pushes the content through the webhook. In the long run, I would highly recommend more discord integration features but I don't expect that anytime soon.

In the short term, does anyone have any ideas how to pull this off?

I’ve found one potential work around using the RSS feed option and a third-party service (Zapier) to push the feed to the discord server as a message. 

While this works, it doesn’t appear that zapier allows you to send the message as an embed.

I’m still looking for cleaner options.

• 1 month later...