Facebook Unable to "see" Acuity Scheduling Buttons for Ad Optimization

Facebook Pixel allows users to select "performance goals" and "conversion events" to optimize ads for the future. 

The Facebook Event Setup Tool connects to your site and automatically "sees" what buttons are eligible for conversion events. 

The problem is that the Event Setup Tool doesn't "see" my scheduling page buttons as eligible conversion events. 

I managed to find this related FAQ page: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1208535569271747?id=1205376682832142

The FAQ in that link entitled "Buttons in the event setup tool are gray and you can’t click on them." has three possible reasons why this might be. 

1. There are no buttons on the page.
  2. There are buttons on the page, but you’ve already added an event to all of them.
  3. There are buttons on the page, but the event setup tool can’t detect them because they’re in an iframe. To resolve this issue, you can use a different setup method. To track a button you can set up events manually using code, and to track a URL you can set up a custom conversion.

I think I'm on the right track here, but I'm totally lost on what to do next. There are some links in #3 that are all about code and I'm totally a fish out of water. 

I'd really like to have the ability to make the scheduling buttons the conversion event because that's really the most important part for the ads to record and optimize off of. 

Any advice on what to do next? Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic