Jump to content

Arrows for drop down menu ( Header )

Recommended Posts

Try adding this Custom CSS:

// header folder arrow
a.header-nav-folder-title::after {
  content:' ▾';
  font-size:0.85rem;
}

 

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

 Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Link to comment

You can also consider using Squarespace Font Icons to do this, add to Design > Custom CSS

/* dropdown arrow */
a.header-nav-folder-title:after {
    content: "\e009";
    font-family: 'squarespace-ui-font';
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;
}

image.thumb.png.ca2ce7c43e93af840f62a551493e4de5.png

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 3 months later...
On 4/23/2023 at 9:36 AM, tuanphan said:

You can also consider using Squarespace Font Icons to do this, add to Design > Custom CSS

/* dropdown arrow */
a.header-nav-folder-title:after {
    content: "\e009";
    font-family: 'squarespace-ui-font';
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;
}

image.thumb.png.ca2ce7c43e93af840f62a551493e4de5.png

Hi @tuanphan thank you for this! I have added the /e009 icon but am wondering if there's anything I can add to this code to make the icon slightly larger? Say double the size that is automatically showing. Thank you!

Link to comment
6 hours ago, charlineca said:

Hi @tuanphan thank you for this! I have added the /e009 icon but am wondering if there's anything I can add to this code to make the icon slightly larger? Say double the size that is automatically showing. Thank you!

just add

font-size: 50px;

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...
Quote

where do we find the squarespace ui font codes?

The codes start at e000 and run thru f066 non consecutively.

There are programs that can load a font and show you the characters and codes.

Which application you use depends on your OS. You can research online.

Here is one online tool.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Link to comment
10 hours ago, arielestulin said:

where do we find the squarespace ui font codes?

The font (squarespace-ui-font.woff) is served with a Squarespace site. Here's a table of the codes for reference:

image.thumb.png.da295d0b4ac15cafff7fa54dbac89c38.png

 

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance

Link to comment
  • 3 months later...

Hi- I added this code and it worked, but now my one nav menu item that doesn't have a dropdown menu is slightly higher than the rest. Is there a way to remedy this? Thank you.
 

/* dropdown arrow */
a.header-nav-folder-title:after {
    content: "\e009";
    font-family: 'squarespace-ui-font';
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;
}
Link to comment
On 1/26/2024 at 4:29 AM, potenzanana said:

Hi- I added this code and it worked, but now my one nav menu item that doesn't have a dropdown menu is slightly higher than the rest. Is there a way to remedy this? Thank you.
 

/* dropdown arrow */
a.header-nav-folder-title:after {
    content: "\e009";
    font-family: 'squarespace-ui-font';
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;
}

You can adjust number 2

If it doesn't work, please share link to your site, we can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
8 hours ago, potenzanana said:

@tuanphan
The website is: https://hammerstone.squarespace.com/ 
PW is: hammerstone

You'll see SHOP in the nav bar is slightly higher than the rest. When I adjust the number 2, that moves the dropdown arrows, but not "Shop". 

Thank you

 

Use this CSS code

nav.header-nav-list {
    align-items: center;
}
nav.header-nav-list>div:last-child {
    position: relative;
    top: 1px;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...
On 1/30/2024 at 12:31 AM, tuanphan said:

Use this CSS code

nav.header-nav-list {
    align-items: center;
}
nav.header-nav-list>div:last-child {
    position: relative;
    top: 1px;
}

 

I'm having the same issue, your code above didn't help in this case. The Nav links with the arrow are about 1 pixel lower. It almost looks like its a slightly different font?
Check it out...

Password: FE2024
password is case sensitive
Link to comment
11 hours ago, kellijayne said:

I'm having the same issue, your code above didn't help in this case. The Nav links with the arrow are about 1 pixel lower. It almost looks like its a slightly different font?
Check it out...

Password: FE2024
password is case sensitive

You can adjust top value in the code

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
On 4/10/2024 at 11:04 PM, tuanphan said:

You can adjust top value in the code

nav.header-nav-list>div:last-child {
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;
}

I tried adjusting the (top: 2px) and nothing happens. I tried 3px, 5px, 10px and nothing 

Link to comment
8 hours ago, kellijayne said:

nav.header-nav-list>div:last-child {
    position: relative;
    top: 2px;
}

I tried adjusting the (top: 2px) and nothing happens. I tried 3px, 5px, 10px and nothing 

Find this code in your CSS box and adjust top

image.png.658fb1fdbc8ca7116a469e849f8086e6.png

If you can't find it, add this code to Custom CSS

a.header-nav-folder-title:after {
    top: 5px !important;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment
13 hours ago, tuanphan said:

Find this code in your CSS box and adjust top

image.png.658fb1fdbc8ca7116a469e849f8086e6.png

If you can't find it, add this code to Custom CSS

a.header-nav-folder-title:after {
    top: 5px !important;
}

 

Thank you! However, that just adjusts the arrow lower or higher, I tried that earlier. I need to adjust the nav links with the arrows to be 1 px higher than the nav items without the arrow. 

Link to comment
On 4/14/2024 at 3:03 AM, kellijayne said:

Thank you! However, that just adjusts the arrow lower or higher, I tried that earlier. I need to adjust the nav links with the arrows to be 1 px higher than the nav items without the arrow. 

To target nav link with arrow, use this CSS code

div.header-nav-item.header-nav-item--folder {
    position: relative;
    top: -1px;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.