Clicking ONLY on the play button to play a video instead of anywhere in the screen

I'm working out of the Carson template which automatically adds a play button over the video when you add a gallery page, which is great. However, the only problem is that you can click anywhere over the video to play it, which means you can't click on the linked text I have in the video descriptions. It would be great if you had options to click on both the video to watch the trailer, or the link to watch the entire film which sends you to a different page like Peacock. I don't really want to embed Peacock or Kanopy links to watch the full film, since the reality is that people will likely only watch a trailer (at best). Attached is an example. Squarespace advised what I already knew, that you have to place the text below the video, which I don't dig aesthetically and don't want to drastically modify my website to accommodate their shortcomings. So I'm posting this on the coding page of the forum, since I assume that's what it will take. 

ScreenShot2023-04-13at4_31_26PM.thumb.png.63ee6bdea77710c3ae711d6f56c69f0a.png

• Replies 6
  • Views 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you share your website and the page is on?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

Hmmm, problematic, I can't see a way to disable clicking even on the title, it's actually underneath the video play trigger layer. 

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

Do you think there's a way to do it with custom CSS? Willing to pay for this as it seems like my website needs a good amount of customization due to the limitations of Squarespace (see this other thread I have here: https://forum.squarespace.com/topic/241396-mobile-design-issues/). I just want to figure out what is possible here on the forum first and if customization is even an option. . .and further, if it's going to cost more than it would to just pay a company to design a site for me (when you factor in the annual fees of squarespace) then that would be good to know moving forward. . .like maybe I keep this site up for a year with all of its broken code and navigation issues, and then I take my site to a vendor in a year or two when I have the money to do so. I don't really have the time to start a design from scratch, especially since duplicating sites creates all kinds of errors with your assets. I essentially had to recreate my website after duplicating it as the galleries were all broken. 

34 minutes ago, scottdrucker13 said:

Do you think there's a way to do it with custom CSS?

I couldn't see a good way to do this.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!