Bedford: Can I resize the banner?

I am looking to change the banner size on the Bedford template. my site is http://spearhead.to

I have tried:

.desc-wrapper { height: 300px !important }

This code brings the bottom of the banner up, however, the header content does not align to the centre of the banner.

I am a Toronto realtor and owner operator of Spearhead Property Management Ltd. I am a partner in a few other companies in printing, restaurant and software industries.

• Replies 23
  • Views 55.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The height of what we call the Page Banner (i.e. a banner created by uploading a thumbnail image to a page or blog list, event list, or product list, and editing the page description) is determined by padding. You can change it here (edit 180px and 155px to whatever you want):

.transparent-header.view-list .banner-thumbnail-wrapper,
.transparent-header.collection-type-page .banner-thumbnail-wrapper{
   padding: 180px 0 155px;
}

To make the content appear vertically centered with the transparent header, the top and bottom padding are not exactly the same, so you'll have to eyeball it a little.

I have chosen to go with a fixed header. However I find that the bsnner image is cut off at the top. Is there a way to adjust that?

I am a Toronto realtor and owner operator of Spearhead Property Management Ltd. I am a partner in a few other companies in printing, restaurant and software industries.

@NeilaDot – The mobile padding is set separately using a max-device-height @media query. Since that selector would be more specific than the code I provided, it would override any padding you set above. You may not see it as such on desktop since the @media query uses device-height, but if you look on your phone you should see it.

• 3 weeks later...

I am really struggling to get this to work. Am I doing something wrong?

I am trying to paste this into custom CSS, but it's not responding.

.transparent-header.view-list .banner-thumbnail-wrapper,
.transparent-header.collection-type-page .banner-thumbnail-wrapper{
}

Any help?

• 2 weeks later...

It’s because you need to declare the #collection-id in front of the suggested CSS.So it becomes:

.collection-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .transparent-header.view-list .banner-thumbnail-wrapper,
.transparent-header.collection-type-page .banner-thumbnail-wrapper {
}

How did you have one fixed size of the banner on your homepage AND info pages but a shorter one for services and requests? When I input the coding, it changes the banner height for all pages.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@sproutedstudio try this out..

.view-list .banner-thumbnail-wrapper, .collection-type-page .banner-thumbnail-wrapper, .collection-type-index .banner-thumbnail-wrapper {min-height: px;height: px;width: 1100px;padding: 5px 0 !important

}

.banner-thumbnail-wrapper{height: 500px}

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived