Site blocked by firewall as "Not Categorized"

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hello,
I was just at a business and directed someone to hop on my website. The site was blocked due to being "uncategorized". How do I categorize my website?  I found the help article that directs how to add categories to blog sites, events, products and video pages, but how do I categorize my actual site? (My site does not have any of these page types)

thank you.

Edited by Aheisl
added clarification
  • Solution
25 minutes ago, Aheisl said:

I was just at a business and directed someone to hop on my website. The site was blocked due to being "uncategorized". How do I categorize my website?

This isn't something that you can change for yourself, but it should fix itself over time.

To explain, the site is being blocked by a web security device or service, such as a firewall or a service provided by the ISP. An "uncategorized" or "unclassified" URL is one that has not been visited before by a user, so it has not been checked to see if the content of the site is "safe". Businesses usually subscribe to a service like this to protect themselves from scam and malware sites, and to prevent employees visiting websites in certain categories, for example gambling or age-restricted sites.

This message usually appears when a website is fairly new, but this is not always the case. It normally "fixes itself" after a user visits the URL. When a user of the service visits your site, they'll initially see the "uncategorized" message and the site will be blocked. However, this visit will usually cause the web security device or service to check the reputation of the site and classify it, so that future visits are not blocked.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for over 18 yrs and a Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL, providing high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji below. Buying a coffee is optional.

Book paid help with domains: Connect a GoDaddy domain. Connect a Squarespace Domain. Domain assistance