transferring new template to old domain

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I'm working on a new template - I didn't finish it within the two week trial, thought I could extend it a week but never got the email. Frustrated in general - where is the ability to email with customer support like there used to be??? So posting here.

I need the info on my current website to stay up for current and potential clients while I'm working on the new template. What are my options? It seems that I can't have two sites within the same domain?? I feel like I'm doing something wrong. 

• Replies 6
  • Views 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it expire recently? What is the built in domain (the one ending .squarespace.com)?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

49 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

Did it expire recently? What is the built in domain (the one ending .squarespace.com)?

The new template expired April 15th -  I thought I'd get an email to extend the trial but I didn't see anything and can't find a spot to do that within the site, especially now that it already expired. 

salamander-orange-c53g.squarespace.com

• Solution
50 minutes ago, brittanyalexaburns said:

The new template expired April 15th

OK, that's not long ago! Try using this URL and logging on:

https://salamander-orange-c53g.squarespace.com/config/extendtrial

It should extend the trial for you.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

14 minutes ago, paul2009 said:

OK, that's not long ago! Try using this URL and logging on:

https://salamander-orange-c53g.squarespace.com/config/extendtrial

It should extend the trial for you.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

And then when it's ready, am I understanding correctly that I have to remove the domain from the old built-in domain on squarespace FIRST in order to transfer this new one to the same domain? I guess I can come back here and ask how to do that when I'm ready. 

Also - is there a way to copy form blocks, etc. over to the new template? Or do I have to re-type and format every single one?