Go to solution Solved by SEOSpace_Henry,

My site has recently been indexed on Google and when i search it up it should only be displaying "archive*" as the title but it is displaying "archive* - presents pr_EUROPA" which is text from the home page. I have no clue how to remove it and set it as only "archive*"

Screen Shot 2023-04-15 at 2.05.16 AM.png

Edited by a-rchive
had to correct something

Hi @a-rchive,

You can edit this from within the SEO settings of your website.

Go through these steps:

• Click on the settings of your homepage
  • Click on SEO, then "Edit website SEO settings"
  • Edit your SEO title format to what you want - this is what will show up on Google for your homepage instead of the text currently showing

Be aware that even when you edit this, it may not display quickly on Google for one of a few reasons:

• Ideally, you want your title to be between 50 and 60 characters
  • If the overall SEO on your website and homepage isn't good
  • If your site is new - it takes a while for things to pull through sometimes!

To maximise your chances of it showing, optimise your SEO and then manually request indexing on your homepage

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 18.48.13.png

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 18.48.58.png

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 18.50.18.png

Edited by SEOSpace_Henry

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

Hey @SEOSpace_Henry,

Thank you for the help.

So I previously had the SEO Title set as %s yet it displayed the company name and some of the text that is displayed on the home page. I tried switching the format to "archive*" but the rest of the text is still showing up. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get it to just display "archive*" without the extra text.

• Solution
9 hours ago, a-rchive said:

Hey @SEOSpace_Henry,

Thank you for the help.

So I previously had the SEO Title set as %s yet it displayed the company name and some of the text that is displayed on the home page. I tried switching the format to "archive*" but the rest of the text is still showing up. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get it to just display "archive*" without the extra text.

Hi @a-rchive - because SEO titles should be 50-60 characters, Google will unlikely just make it "archive*", so you need to give it more.

For example, I wouldn't be able to make my SEO title (attached) for my homepage "SEOSpace"; therefore, I made it "SEOSpace: Free Squarespace SEO Tools and Resources"

Screenshot 2023-04-16 at 09.40.37.png

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png