Turn off SEO of Blog Page but not individual blog posts

Hi guys,

How can I hide a blog page from being searchable on Google without hiding all the collection items (ie the individual blog posts)

I just don't want the main collection page to be seen, but want all my blog posts to have SEO.

The option under blog page settings only allows Hide All Pages in This Collection, but not the collection page itself.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 3
  • Views 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

@tuanphan, the wizard of all things, do you have any insight on this? I have all of my class styles, passes, instructors, etc. on my site as blog posts. These are placed throughout the site as summary blocks, and link only to each individual blog page. The collection pages are not part of the site flow, but are coming up on Google which is a big problem for me 😞 I would so so so appreciate any of your widsom!

https://andasanas.com/home-new

site-wide pw: 140ann

• 9 months later...

Hi there @ShoniT

Did you end up finding a solution to this?

I'm using a blog collection to feed into a summary page. I'm struggling to work out how to hide the blog page from appearing in search results, while still having the individual blog posts appear.

I'd love to hear what solution you landed on!