Sync Acuity with Calendar Block & Events

I am selling one subscription for half hour and hour-long appointments. I want clients to be able to book both appointment types when purchasing this subscription and to see both appointment types on the same calendar. Is this possible or do they have to book the 30-minute appointments then another calendar to book the hour-long appointment? This is not ideal as they can't look at the whole week/month to see all the avaialility in one place. They are booking according to their scheudle rather than appointment typs in my case.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently designed a website for a boutique fitness studio that specializes in scheduled based classes.

The studio was recently rebranded and part of the process was moving their scheduling system from Mariana Tek to Acuity. After setting everything up in Acuity, and designing their website, we've been getting several complaints from clients on how the booking system doesn't truly offer a full calendar view from the onset. You have to literally drill down to individual classes in order to see the month view. We have tried a few ways to remedy this on Acuity to better the customer journey, but still haven't landed on a great solution.

One last idea I have is to create a dedicated page with a "Calendar Block" connected to an "Events" page. Ideally outside of Blogs & Events, if the Calendar Block could sync directly to Acuity it would be awesome! But it seems that is not an option. Is there a way to at least sync Acuity to the Events page, so that I may be able to synch the Events page to the Scheduling Block? I would hate to recreate the schedule for each class theoretically twice! Please advise if you have another solution 🙏 

• 9 months later...

Same here this is a massive red flag and might stop my client approving us moving forward with scheduling.

We are setting up a Yoga studio and we want guests to be able to see all classes that are on over a week on a calendar.

So far there are only two work arounds I can find

1. Use an event page and manually set up each event with a link back to that appointment type. This is not ideal as you can not set events to repeat so you would have to do this manually constantly

2. Use Elfsights calendar widget which you would then need to set up each appointment type on and manually update each time an appointment time changes. This calendar you can set to repeat which is better than option 1 but still not ideal

The data is there SS just needs to development the option to display it as a calendar.

9 hours ago, creativetroy said:

We are setting up a Yoga studio and we want guests to be able to see all classes that are on over a week on a calendar. So far there are only two work arounds I can find.

@creativetroy As things stand today, the only way to do this is with the workaround that you described - creating a second "calendar" where you duplicate the information that is already in Acuity. It's far from ideal, and I'm hoping things will change soon. (As a Circle member, please vote  for improvements!)

Of course there are other third party scheduling solutions that can be embedded into Squarespace so you may want to look at one of these in the meantime, for example ClassFit (example below).

image.thumb.png.e878b234e4aeed73602e393e86105fdd.png

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.