Feedback on my UX Design portfolio

Looking for feedback for my UX Design portfolio that I use to present my professional work.

https://www.michaelaguocha.com/

(PW:AguochaAccess)

Mainly looking for feedback on

• the presentation (is it presented well enough, do the colors and typography feel ok?)
  • the navigation (is it easy to move around on the site?)
  • the content (does it feel like I have too much text?)

But feel free to point out anything that looks weird or that I can do better.

• Replies 1
  • Views 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Infinite is one of my favorite games! It's pretty cool how you worked on the UI, and I still vividly remember being really impressed about how the main menu took the player around the shopping plaza. The time-appropriate UI design also helped me immerse myself in the game's environment a lot more. Nice job!

Your website is quite nice as well because it provides pertinent information at a first glance. I know your name is on the URL already, but you should consider making your name more prominent on the landing page, as it is the standard in a lot of portfolios. Maybe change the site header from "Full-Stack Designer" to your name? This might be something you're a lot more knowledgeable about, so I can't press the subject too much.

The scrollbar or progress bar at the top of the page is a little distracting since it made me think that the page was loading. Just a little nitpick.

Overall, the presentation is nice. I like how the background changes on the homepage as you hover over the projects you worked on. Towards the bottom on the homepage in the "Featured Case Studies" section, the text overlaid on the clickable pictures doesn't stand out too well and looks a little cluttered.

The navigation around your site is effortless, and everything is easy to find. Your site loads very quickly as well. Oh, and props for using lazy loading! I use it on my site as well for pages that require the visitor to scroll down a lot, and it makes everything seem more streamlined and efficient. It looks better too, in my opinion.

There's a very good balance between the text and example videos and pictures for the entries in your portfolio, so there's nothing to worry about there.