Dupliate website

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Hi, some how I've ended up with two live pages. .

The first one is the site I built, the second a half edited version, which is the one google finds if you enter the search for the site  

The correct site is viewable as published in my ss account.

How do I get rid of the /home-1 site?

Thanks.

Edited by Gem126
Clearer question
  • Solution

You don't have two sites. You have two pages with the URL Slug containing the word home in your one site.

Your home page URL Slug /home is set as your home page. The URL Slug /home-1 is somewhere else in your Pages. You either need to disable the page, so it doesn't show up as part of your site. Or, delete the page if its content is no longer needed.

One thing to consider. If the /home-1 is ranking better in search engines you may want to determine what about it is making it better and apply that to your current home page.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

You have one site, not 2 sites, you set the homepage i sticky and it depend upon you how you want to run this site and which pages and posts are importan. you can get idea from smartopt.org which will be good idea for you to understand and my friend suggest me this site because i was confused like you

Edited by Amarlao