Add to cart not doing anything

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi!

I've just come across a problem this morning which I can't seem to solve. A customer is wanting to purchase one of these https://littleberrybutton.co.uk/shop-all/p/wooden-custom-painted-rainbow but it isn't adding to cart, in most cases just nothing happens, and on mobile it freezes the page. She's tried it on different devices and at home vs work it's the same across all. I've tried re-listing but having same problem, I can't find how to fix it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
1 hour ago, beckyLBB said:

I've just come across a problem this morning which I can't seem to solve. A customer is wanting to purchase [a product] but it isn't adding to cart. She's tried it on different devices and at home vs work it's the same across all. I've tried re-listing but having same problem, I can't find how to fix it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I found the site unusable too. It froze and your custom code generated a number of errors 😢.

You have lots of different scripts, from various sources, and so these may be interfering with each other and causing the issue(s) but it is difficult to check without logging on to the site.

The best way to check whether this is an issue with custom code or a technical fault with the Squarespace platform is by removing all your custom code and saving it somewhere safe. I recommend that you start by removing all the custom code from the various panels in Settings > Advanced > Code Injection and from the panel in Design > Custom CSS. To ensure you can restore the code afterwards, do take care to save this code somewhere safe, for example in a text file (not a Word document).

After removing all the code, click refresh in your browser and check to see if the site is working properly. If it is, you know that the issues were caused by the custom code. If the problem persists without the custom code installed, the cause is more likely to be something else.I hope this helps to get you started.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...