How do you use an “about us” page?

An “about us” page is a mainstay of nearly every professional website and for good reason— it tells potential customers who you are, what you do, and maybe even why you do it. It’s a clear window to flex your brand’s ethos, but you can also use it to meet your business objectives. When creating your about page, think about who you’re trying to reach and the message you’re trying to leave them with. 

If your brand’s poignant origin story is a powerful conversion tool, you may want to share it. If being personable is central to your brand’s identity, you may consider sharing photos of your team. If you have a strong social media presence, you may want to include social links on this page. In this way, an about us page can be a valuable tool in your kit. And if you need, we have some more information on the nuts and bolts of creating an about us page on Squarespace.  

Do you have a strategy for your “about us” page? If so, tell us about it and let us know what’s worked for you in the comments! 

• 9 months later...

I run my business solo, so my About page is a little bit "me" and a little bit "business".

I use it to briefly express the "why" that drove me to start the business, state my unique business proposition, then outline the process of how my branding agency works. I operate a bit differently than the standard agency model, so I want to make sure there's clarity there. I end with a call-to-action to book a free call to see if we vibe and if I can even help!

Now that I've broken it down, I see that it's doing quite a lot! Would love to hear any thoughts on whether I'm pulling it off or not: https://www.letsupyours.com/about

Squarespace Webinars

Free online sessions where you’ll learn the basics and refine your Squarespace skills.

Hire a Designer

Stand out online with the help of an experienced designer or developer.