Can a thumbnail on an index grid page be a slideshow?

I'm currently using the Ethan template but that might not matter so much.

I have what sounds like a simple ask: Can I turn a thumbnail on an index grid page into a slideshow?

Basically an index landing page that looks like Instagram—a mix of thumbnails that are single images and multi-image sliders.

Here is the complete guide for how to use index pages in 7.0 Ethan is in the Brine family and index items are always stacked inside the index. I am not sure exactly what it is you want to do but I assume you have thumbnails you want to turn into a slideshow. I think you need to do is edit the section of the index page those thumbnails are in,  go to site styles in config, choose layout and pick slideshow. 

26 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Here is the complete guide for how to use index pages in 7.0 Ethan is in the Brine family and index items are always stacked inside the index. I am not sure exactly what it is you want to do but I assume you have thumbnails you want to turn into a slideshow. I think you need to do is edit the section of the index page those thumbnails are in,  go to site styles in config, choose layout and pick slideshow. 

Hey @derricksrandomviews, thanks for jumping in!

I don't mind changing the template.

I'm looking to create a grid of thumbnails that's common for portfolio sites. Usually those thumbnails are single-image and they link to sub pages.

In my instance, I don't need the thumbnails to link anywhere, they just have to show images. And instead of a grid of single-image thumbnails, I would like some of these thumbnails to behave like slideshows, so there are left/right arrows that lets someone click through different pictures housed in the thumbnail square.

Sorry was your previous post suppose to have a link?

Yes, it was the guide to using index pages. 

https://laurentaylar.com/blog/squarespace-index-pages 

It seems to me that what you want to do is easier with image blocks and gallery blocks on a page that is not a gallery section but can be a page in the index. If you can post your website address so we can take a look that might help us to help you easier. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
2 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

It seems to me that what you want to do is easier with image blocks and gallery blocks on a page that is not a gallery section but van be a page in the index. If you can post your website address so we can take a look that might help us to help you easier. 

@derricksrandomviews That's a great suggestion! I'm manually building out this "grid" as you suggested, with image and gallery blocks.

https://www.lammay.co/test (you can ignore the big image at the bottom, I have to add more squares to that row and make it consistent with the top row)

Would you know how to adjust/close the gaps between the image and gallery blocks?

And would you know how to make the caption overlays consistent for both image and gallery blocks? They have different styles.

Edited by vurt

I think you can adjust the caption fonts in site styles.  Spaces between image blocks and gallery blocks can be adjusted with a combo of padding controls in site styles and using spacers on the page as well. Spacer blocks can be a bit tricky when positioning them, Watch the vertical blue line and make sure it doesn't "grow" up beyond the block you are working with, or your whole page will shift. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews