How can I edit an event page name after duplicating event?

Rather than creating a new event and reformatting each time a new event is added, I duplicate the event and make changes to the details, image, etc. However, I can't seem to find a way to change the event name. See attached for example. The second listing (Get the Led Out (Copy)) needs to say The Beach Boys. 

My research tells me that all I have to do is click Edit in the upper left corner and click into the title field. When I do, it opens the event page and when I click the top title field, it opens up the events settings box and no where that I can see to change the title. What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 4.05.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 4.09.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-23 at 4.10.55 PM.png

On 3/30/2023 at 8:23 PM, jreevesNPAC said:

Screen shot attached. Once I click EDIT, this opens and the arrow points to where I click and it opens the Event Settings box. No where to change title that I can see. 

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 9.17.30 AM.jpg

See the video

https://www.loom.com/share/4aedc1681985486ea99f3e1e18f61e90

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

On 4/3/2023 at 9:51 PM, jreevesNPAC said:

Thanks for the video. I am following you up until the end to change the name. We have CSS on that page and it doesn't appear the same. There has to be a way to change it but it's not like the example. Screen recording attached. 

Screen Recording 2023-04-03 at 10.43.55 AM.mov

What is your site url?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

The issue is the following CSS ruleset in Design > Custom CSS.

.collection-type-events-stacked .eventitem-content-footer .eventitem-meta,.collection-type-events-stacked .eventitem-column-meta,.collection-type-events-stacked .eventitem-backlink {
  display: none
}

What you've done is hide these elements in the editor UI so you can no longer access the meta information to edit the title.

If you want the editor UI to still work yet have the outside world still see the effect then you need to use a selector that is not active when in the editor UI.

html:not( .squarespace-damask ) .collection-type-events-stacked .eventitem-content-footer .eventitem-meta,
html:not( .squarespace-damask ) .collection-type-events-stacked .eventitem-column-meta,
html:not( .squarespace-damask ) .collection-type-events-stacked .eventitem-backlink

{

display : none;

}

Or using LESS syntax.

// uses LESS syntax

html:not( .squarespace-damask ) .collection-type-events-stacked {

.eventitem-content-footer .eventitem-meta,
  .eventitem-column-meta,
  .eventitem-backlink

{

display : none;

}

}

The safe mode URL that  @tuanphan mentioned is used to turn off custom code. It is a method to diagnose issues with custom code.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 2 months later...