What is the best block format to use when you need to add/move testimonial text blocks and images and re-order things?

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

Working in 7.1 for my client testimonial page using a 'list' of text blocks and image blocks. Except when I go to insert a new testimonial, or if I want to re-order text or image blocks the old blocks do not move and EVERYTHING  has to be moved individually or all of the blocks just stack on top of themselves. I'm sure there is a better way to structure this page (which used to work in 7.0) so that blocks will insert and re-order/re-rag automatically. 

Please help.

• Replies 5
  • Views 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

https://housewhole.com/clients 

Sorry, I thought I had alerts set up if someone responded and I just got one today - my apologies. Here is the link to my testimonial page. I'm using text blocks and image blocks but moving them around, since it's a long list, is really cumbersome in 7.1.

If I need to recreate this page using another structure or template, let me know what you think Is best given that I add/subtract and reorder this page continually.

thx!

let me know what you think Is best given that I add/subtract and reorder this page continually.

Auto Layouts are probably the easiest to use.

ScreenShot2023-04-04at3_13_00PM.png.0f308581d4cc82106154370d89336db4.png

ScreenShot2023-04-04at3_13_32PM.png.0e49bb5c1c80d1c9122fd57f00d418bd.png

ScreenShot2023-04-04at3_13_43PM.png.ef4c56fc7d98013de31a5c57a6d6d2aa.png

You can also choose them when adding sections to a page. The user interface flow is a bit different than when choosing pages.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Solution

Do you know if using this format allows you to move them around, insert them and have the list "re-rag" automatically, and use images as well?

The Auto Layouts trade design freedom for ease of updating content they also have several styles. Some with pictures and text.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.