Can you export a .pdf file of the website in draft mode - the client wants to make notes about the website in printed form/doc

Go to solution Solved by sayreambrosio,

Hello Squarespacers!

Wondering the best way to send a client their draft website I'm working on so they can make notes edits etc.. I don't think screengrabs of each pages/page sections and making a pdf is the best solution (and not a phone call yet).  They want to make notes on paper....  Has anyone else had this come up?!?.

I also don't want the client to have permission or admin rights atm as they don't know website design or Squarespace...  Is there a way to export the whole site as a .pdf file......?!??  

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  TIA - Angie 

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution
1 hour ago, spacecadetdigital said:

Hello Squarespacers!

Wondering the best way to send a client their draft website I'm working on so they can make notes edits etc.. I don't think screengrabs of each pages/page sections and making a pdf is the best solution (and not a phone call yet).  They want to make notes on paper....  Has anyone else had this come up?!?.

I also don't want the client to have permission or admin rights atm as they don't know website design or Squarespace...  Is there a way to export the whole site as a .pdf file......?!??  

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.  TIA - Angie 

There's a Chrome extension called GoFullPage where you can take snapshots of the entire site. I know you can save individual snapshots as PDF but not sure if there's a combine feature. At the very least you could do that and then combine them all into a PDF and send to the client.

Thank you so much for this tip sayreambrosio !!  Its works perfectly!! Just what I was after - I choose the PNG download option as the pdf dosesnt have the best results - thanks again 🙂 

However I had a few issues as it was just producing screen grabs of the desktop - I emailed GOFULLPAGE and they replied with this

Thanks for writing in, I'm here to help!

I'm noticing from the URL you're reporting from that you may be capturing a Squarespace preview page? I can't access the page when I try to view it. Unfortunately, GoFullPage doesn't work to capture Squarespace preview given the way the page is rendered and managed by Squarespace. Other users have reported being able to publish the page briefly or behind a password in order to take a screenshot of a draft page. Does that help?

3 hours ago, spacecadetdigital said:

Thank you so much for this tip sayreambrosio !!  Its works perfectly!! Just what I was after - I choose the PNG download option as the pdf dosesnt have the best results - thanks again 🙂 

However I had a few issues as it was just producing screen grabs of the desktop - I emailed GOFULLPAGE and they replied with this

Thanks for writing in, I'm here to help!

I'm noticing from the URL you're reporting from that you may be capturing a Squarespace preview page? I can't access the page when I try to view it. Unfortunately, GoFullPage doesn't work to capture Squarespace preview given the way the page is rendered and managed by Squarespace. Other users have reported being able to publish the page briefly or behind a password in order to take a screenshot of a draft page. Does that help?

I hadn’t run into that before. Thank you for sharing that. 🙂 glad you eventually got sorted.