Increasing Number of Blog Posts Per Page

Hi Everyone! 

Is it possible to increase the maximum number of Blog Posts shown on a page to more than 20? 

I want to use the Categories + Tags filtering systems to showcase holiday deals through my Squarespace website, the whole filtering system will only work if I can include all the deals on one page (around 70 in total). 

Here's the URL for reference: https://www.earthexplored.co.uk/blog 
Password: 123456

Is this possible using the blog format (or any other on Squarespace?) Would really appreciate any help or support 🙏

As an aside, I'm getting super frustrated with some of the arbitrary restrictions on Squarespace, everytime I find a solution to a problem, I discover some other random restriction that puts me back to square one. Anyone else having the same issue? 

Thanks! 

I posted this response to a very recent question about the 20-post limit on a blog page and the 30-post limit using summary blocks and pagination.  In your case, summary blocks will take care of your issue. The rest of my answer is just a bonus. 

Summary blocks go on a page but are not pages themselves so there is no pagination. But there is a work-a-round. Let me address the 30-item limit first. 

You can chain summary blocks together on the same page. You can have as many items as you want by setting the blocks to 30 items and filtering by category or tags. It takes a bit of time to set up and then becomes simple to add a post to. Give your first 30 posts a cat or tag name or number that you can keep up with like"First 30" then give posts 31-60 "Second 30" and so on. Or you can be more specific and group your posts by news subject. The blocks don't have to have 30 entries and still put them on one page.  You can hide the cats if you wish. The actual blog where the posts reside will go into the unlinked section of your site. The summary block page will now act as your front-facing blog page.  You will need to swap the URL slugs.

Pagination:

You can have pagination if you use a second blog full of summary blocks as opposed to a standard page or section.  I have over 80 posts on one long scrolling page on my site. I also have some photography lessons grouped in their own block tied to the Nav bar but they are still part of the main page. Summary blocks are very versatile, and when combined in a second blog can be accessed by a menu.

You can see my layout here. Click on any group title to see the pagination. Click on an individual item to go to the actual post of course. Check out the pull-down subject menu as well.  This design works for both 7.0 and 7.1.  I used Custom CSS to give the summary blocks a unique look that ties in with my picture galleries and my home page.  

https://myrandomviews.com/blogsummary

my random views Home page. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 year later...

Hi there, 

I am using a Blog to showcase a bunch of project experience (I chose blogs rather than portfolio so that i could filter with tags and categories)

Is there a way that I can increase the limit of blog 'posts per page' viewed from 20 to say 40?

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 3.29.44 pm.png

On 4/2/2024 at 11:30 AM, TheCreativeLodge said:

Hi there, 

I am using a Blog to showcase a bunch of project experience (I chose blogs rather than portfolio so that i could filter with tags and categories)

Is there a way that I can increase the limit of blog 'posts per page' viewed from 20 to say 40?

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 3.29.44 pm.png

I think you can consider using Summary Block instead

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 weeks later...