How do you add footnotes in a blog post?

i, for the life of me, haven't been able to get this work. incredibly frustrating having spent hours this issue, trying to research it when on word or google docs, it takes me a second. feels like it should be SO easy.

from my understanding, i need to do this in markdown? That in itself seems a bit ridiculous. like you shouldn't need markdown to this because when you're on the edit blog page and add a markdown component, it's so much more clunky to work within that box. But okay, I'll try and just get it done. But even then using the markdown text and publishing it doesn't seem to yield what i want it. 

If i want "1" in the superscript, apparently, it's supposed to be represented as this: "[^1]" and have "[^1]:" in the bottom but that doesn't seem to work!

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I am trying to add one of my essays as blog post that includes footnotes (and citations). In my essay pdf, I have used a numbered superscript citation style, which I would like to replicate in my blog.

I have turned on Markdown, but can't find it anywhere to see if I can use it for superscript. 

I'm using square brackets until I can workout the better superscript option. 

Thanks, 

Sarah

image.thumb.png.4b160b3b2afaa31f5378bc8f09d4dd42.png