Our Previous Blogs are not Showing.

Hi, 

I need help updating our website. We have blogs from 2012-2023 and we have 3 types of blog posts (weddings, for photographers & podcast show notes). 

Our weddings and photographer blogs are not showing the previous blogs, it only shows around 30 blogs on the page but the show notes work perfectly fine and displays older posts. 

We want all our photography and wedding blogs to be shown on the blog page. I tried adding summary blocks but it only shows the latest 30 too. 

I'll attach the look of our site. 

These are the last row of our wedding blogs when there are supposed to have more. 

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.823d19ab7037f494accc7579d3c3d636.png

On 3/15/2023 at 1:27 PM, KateTayco said:

Our weddings and photographer blogs are not showing the previous blogs, it only shows around 30 blogs on the page but the show notes work perfectly fine and displays older posts. 

We want all our photography and wedding blogs to be shown on the blog page. I tried adding summary blocks but it only shows the latest 30 too. 

If you are showing blog posts by linking directly to the blog page, for example /all-blog then you can decide how many posts to show by clicking the settings ('gear') icon of the Blog page and then move the Posts per Page slider (see below).

image.thumb.png.4bc9e662d991943274a2ffd4ef2b05ae.png

If you choose to use a Summary Block as you have on /weddings-2 (perhaps because you prefer the style of this layout?) then you will be restricted by the 30-item limit built into Summary Blocks.

As @derricksrandomviews mentioned, you can you can add multiple summary blocks to the same page and use tags to choose which items display in each one, but this can be administratively burdensome. If you need to use Summary Blocks then I recommend the Lazy Summaries plugin, as this allows you to easily breach the 30-item limit.

Regarding your comment that you want all the blogs to be shown on the blog page, you can easily do this by moving posts from one blog page to another as explained in the linked guide.

I hope this helps.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.

Would you like your customers to be able to mark their favourite products in your Squarespace store?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 10:19 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

You can chain summary blocks together on a page and get over 30 by using filters, for example: give all posts in the first block  category group 1 and the next 30 in their own block category group 2 etc. Using this method I have over 80 posts on one page.

How can I chain the summary blocks? It's my first time using Squarespace, bear with me. If you can send me a link to a youtube video that shows how to do this, I would really appreciate it. Thank you!!

I don't think there is one, but I can tell you how.  It takes a bit of time to set up but once you do the initial setup, any additions are relatively easy. 

As you know Summary blocks allow 30 items. If you look at the setup of a summary block, under content, it has "select a page", in your case you are using the blog page for content. The block also has a filter items option. You can filter your posts by category or tag or "featured" In this case, a category is the best filter. You use a cat to group your blog posts, any name such as a common subject, which has a huge advantage that we will get to later. So let's say you give each of your first 30 posts the category  "group 1"  and for the next thirty "group 2", the first summary block on any page will filter the first group by the first category, and the second block by the second category. You now can have 60 posts on a single page. Add another category to the next 30 and filter a third summary block and you can have 90 different posts on a page. This works for me, I have close to 90 (all my posts on one page inside a second blog ) and they are filtered by subject and those subjects are in a dropdown menu. I started out with a basic page with summary blocks first, then move all those blocks inside a second blog. I am telling you this so that if you look at my site you will understand how it works. I use my summary block blog page as the front-facing blog for my site, the blog where the actual posts reside is in the unlinked section of my site. 

My summary front-facing blog: https://myrandomviews.com/blogsummary

My blog where the posts reside: is https://myrandomviews.com/blog which most visitors can't get to (without knowing how) they can only view individual posts. 

Any button or link on my site that says simply "blog " takes you to the first link posted above, like from my landing page here: my random views 

If you have any questions about how to go about designing your summary block blog page, contact me here or PM me, either way. I have helped quite a few folks do this. 

Derrick. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
On 3/30/2023 at 3:44 AM, derricksrandomviews said:

I don't think there is one, but I can tell you how.  It takes a bit of time to set up but once you do the initial setup, any additions are relatively easy. 

As you know Summary blocks allow 30 items. If you look at the setup of a summary block, under content, it has "select a page", in your case you are using the blog page for content. The block also has a filter items option. You can filter your posts by category or tag or "featured" In this case, a category is the best filter. You use a cat to group your blog posts, any name such as a common subject, which has a huge advantage that we will get to later. So let's say you give each of your first 30 posts the category  "group 1"  and for the next thirty "group 2", the first summary block on any page will filter the first group by the first category, and the second block by the second category. You now can have 60 posts on a single page. Add another category to the next 30 and filter a third summary block and you can have 90 different posts on a page. This works for me, I have close to 90 (all my posts on one page inside a second blog ) and they are filtered by subject and those subjects are in a dropdown menu. I started out with a basic page with summary blocks first, then move all those blocks inside a second blog. I am telling you this so that if you look at my site you will understand how it works. I use my summary block blog page as the front-facing blog for my site, the blog where the actual posts reside is in the unlinked section of my site. 

My summary front-facing blog: https://myrandomviews.com/blogsummary

My blog where the posts reside: is https://myrandomviews.com/blog which most visitors can't get to (without knowing how) they can only view individual posts. 

Any button or link on my site that says simply "blog " takes you to the first link posted above, like from my landing page here: my random views 

If you have any questions about how to go about designing your summary block blog page, contact me here or PM me, either way. I have helped quite a few folks do this. 

Derrick. 

Thank you so much! I have to try this first and get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you so much!