Why I can still make a booking when I don't login or use the "Redeem Package" function

Hello!

I am new to Scheduling.

I just created a subscription package for booking yoga classes for my studio.

My goal is simple : to sell class subscription package to my clients and to let them (and only them) to book yoga classes and limit and track the classes they booked based on their package subscribed.

The subscription package works fine, payment can be completed, package code received. But once I started testing the class booking flow, I encountered 2 basic problems :

Case 1: I don't need to login to book a class. It did require me to enter appointment info, but i can just enter whatever I want and it successfully occupied a spot in my booking calendar.

schedule-case-1.thumb.png.f7b137c21c6becaeefaffc508736b608.png

Case 2: This time I login first, and then try to book a class without using the "Redeem Package" function. I have the package redeem code but I intendedly didn't use it. I clicked "Complete Appointment" directly and it successfully occupied another spot in my calendar too. My clients would be able to book any classes without limits.

schedule-case-2.thumb.png.44f4755afdfcd0e1ea589c85f50d6f1c.png

Does anyone knows if this is by design? Any settings I need to make to solve this problem?

Thank you everyone in advanced!

Patrick

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2023 at 2:47 PM, amberleedennis said:

Hi Patrick,

Curious as to whether you've been able to use Scheduling & Subscriptions successfully with your studio or whether you've opted for something designed for health & wellness? Share your site?

It's even more non-functional than Patrick's experience. Squarespace customer logins have no integration with acuity at all. For example the embed method which can put a calendar on a page (even a page protected as digital content) is essentially an unauthenticated direct link. A quick look in your browers tooling can show you the address.

Even more puzzling for honest users is, they can also make an acuity login, which has nothing to do with the squarespace login they use to buy things. All you need to book all of Patricks yoga classes for free from today until the end of time and completely ruin his business is the URL

https://<businessname>.as.me/schedule.php

There's no login. 

The cherry on the Useless Product Sundae is that if you create a services product (lets say a class in a room or a foot massage), which is essentially *the one thing you want the scheduling software for* you can't provide a login protected page for them to securely book the time. You would (I'm laughing as I type this wondering how much the Square Space product manager gets paid) have to make a physical product for each time available and sent an inventory to the number of 'seats'. Then make new ones every week / day / month. 

The whole thing has nothing to do with SquareSpace really. As a stand alone scheduling product Acuity also has some absurd flaws that would surely have been solved by now. Here's 1 of many I've thrown my hands up trying to get this to work (See attachment)

If you have anything where the time varies by day of week (think yoga, or fitness classes which are shorter during weekdays) you have to have them be different 'Appointment Types' ... why you ask? Because an Appointment Type can only have 1 length. So if weekday after work classes are 1 hour and weekend warrior classes are 2 hours and you want the calendar to be functional and actually show the proper 'slots' in a day you have to have 2 appointment types. But if you want to sell a "5 Class" membership ... you can't actually do it. Why -- because product management. When you go to create a package it isn't actually a total of (any), it's a max number of each type. But since a customer could do 5 weekend and no weekday packages it doesn't work. 

I've almost given up on this platform as a way to run a scheduled, in person business. It just doesn't model how the real world and physical locations with rooms and slots works. I can't imagine renewing next year.

acuityfailure.JPG