Change image on Google Organic result

Hello,

I am trying to update the image that appears on the Google Organic results, however I seem not find the place where to do it. I have added the photo I want on Design -> Social Sharing, and I have tried to find a place on Marketing -> SEO appearance however here there are no possibility to add a photo. Do anybody know where I can change this photo?

Kind regards,

Nina

Sin título.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @NinaHoff - unfortunately, this is an annoying thing that Google can sometimes do.

It will pick up one of the many images on your page and feature it on your search results like this.

Following general SEO best practices when it comes to images (compressing them, adding alt tags and adding a featured image) can help here, but the best thing to do is apply trial and error to find out what works.

For example, you may have a photo from your business that you'd instead get featured - in this case, you can prioritise this on your page by making it higher than the one shown.

I have an optimising images video (below), which doesn't cover your problem specifically, but may help with following best practices:

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png