Is anyone having trouble with dragging and dropping pages into folders?

After creating new pages by duplicating and editing, we're having difficulty moving them into folders.   The drag & drop doesn't work effectively anymore!  It's not possible to put the page in the correct folder and disappears when dropped... the pages are eventually found in random folders or sometimes right at the bottom of the list... 

Is anyone else having this problem?  Any advise as to what we can do to resolve it would be great because it's taking up lots of time trying to find the pages we've just made!! 

Thank you

Mandy

Volunteer at Jangchub Ling Centre

Edited by Khechog
mistake should read pages not products
  • Khechog changed the title to Is anyone having trouble with dragging and dropping pages into folders?
42 minutes ago, Khechog said:

Is anyone else having this problem?  Any advise as to what we can do to resolve it would be great because it's taking up lots of time trying to find the pages we've just made!! 

This does appear to be a know and recurring problem, have a read-through of this for others experiencing the same issue, but there's not exactly a solution that I've found:

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 
Hire me on Upwork!

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

So it looks like this is a common glitch... We don't have a big website with lots of pages but this has been happening every time we try to 'drag & drop' pages into folders... it's making it impossible to organise the pages in an efficient & timely way.  As a very small charity we rely on volunteers to update our website so this is quite a concern for us.

Is it possible to ask Squarespace to change the 'drag and drop' feature to a 'move to a specific folder' feature? Does anyone know how or who we would ask about that?   

Thank you.

Mandy

40 minutes ago, Khechog said:

Is it possible to ask Squarespace to change the 'drag and drop' feature to a 'move to a specific folder' feature? Does anyone know how or who we would ask about that?   

Chatting to Squarespace support allows you to submit a requested feature, but I wouldn't expect it to be implemented quickly, if at all. It's not a bad idea, but I'd personally prefer them to simply fix the drag and drop.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

Hi everyone,  I've been on SS Support live chat...  here's the situation atm 🤞

We’re currently investigating an issue with pages lagging when moving them around your Pages panel—thanks for reporting this to us. Our Engineering teams are prioritizing a fix for this as we speak.
There are many variables that we test against before we release a fix, so we can’t provide an exact timeframe for a resolution. We can’t always follow up personally when a fix is released due to the volume of reports we receive for this issue. That said, these reports are crucial for us as we improve our platform. If you notice any other unusual behavior, please contact us again.

I made five new pages today and spent most of the afternoon trying to drag & drop them into a folder, losing them into random folders and trying to find them again!  I hope a solution is found soon!  I'm wondering if deleting test pages and old images to try to lighten the load on our website might help?  Does anyone have any experience about this?   Mandy

This isn't a solution for a page you've already made, but you can create a page directly in the folder you want it in.

Zygmunt Spray
Contact me: 
Hire me on Upwork!

Our pages are for classes, courses & events and they have a particular layout for details and descriptions so, for example, I duplicate a class page & update the images & descriptions for each new series of classes...  www.meditateinthewestmidlands.co.uk/sunday 

When I duplicate a page the new one appears at the bottom of the whole list of pages (it used to appear at the top which was better)  and then I need to drag it into the relevant folder further up the list - that's what's taking up so much time and causing difficulties.

Is it possible to do something so the duplicated page goes straight into a chosen folder?

I have a suggestion, which seems to make things a bit easier...

I've been moving each folder that needs duplicate pages added to the top of the 'Not linked' list

Duplicated pages are appearing at the top of this list again now so they can then be dragged and dropped straight into the correct folder without trying to move the page too far.  👍  I hope that makes sense 🙃

Yes, the folders further down the 'Not linked' list don't accept dragged & dropped pages and its not possible to re-order the pages in the folder either.  Moving the folder to the very top of the list seems to allow pages to be dropped in & moved around in the folder... no idea why!  But that has helped most of the time for me at the moment so I hope it'll work for you too...