Setting up online store in a niche market

Looking for advice on setting up an online store for a fine art gallery.

We have had a retail business for 30+ years and are looking to start selling some products online. Have run into trouble with which payment processor to use for this transition.

Our inventory is in Lifesaver, the industry standard for custom framing, and our current payment processor is Clover. We have used square in the past and are considering going back to it since it is compatible with Squarespace. Have run into a lot of conflicting reports on the best way to integrate our retail business with an ecommerce store and are looking for advice.

Should we use square for both retail & ecommerce?

Use stripe/paypal for ecommerce & clover for retail?

Moving our inventory from lifesaver is not really an option right now.

Most likely looking at outsourcing our web & ecommerce design to a professional later down the road, but need to set up the online store first to see if it is a feasible venture.

Any and all advice would help.

Best

If you want to take online payments using the Commerce features of a Squarespace website, you'll need to use Stripe and/or PayPal. These are currently the only choices for online payment.

Square is not supported for online commerce transactions (it can only be used for Point of Sale transactions and for Acuity Scheduling).

If you want to use another payment method, you'll need to accept sales enquiries via the Squarespace website, but then deal with the customer offline regarding order processing and payment.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.