Site map not updating

Go to solution Solved by Ziggy,

Getting 'no index' errors reported by Google. After looking at my site map I can see last modified date was 22 Feb 2021. I thought Squarespace automatically updates the sitemap with any changes? Not sure of next steps. 

<lastmod>2021-02-22</lastmod>

Edited by prado2020
Typo

Your sitemap should be updated automatically, what's your site URL?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

@prado2020 Scan the entire sitemap for a recent date -- make sure you aren't just seeing the first date listed in the sitemap. That said, sitemaps are known to have issues. If you google the topic you'll find more info. 

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

• Solution

@ChristineDarby is correct, if you look through the sitemap, you'll see the most recent time your homepage was updated was the 5th of March 2023. You sitemap is not out of date.

image.png.dc6b1c5f5f74464a634c45cb46d076e4.png

This doesn't answer why you are getting no index errors, have you uploaded your sitemap to google search console and run any manual indexing?

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

21 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

@ChristineDarby is correct, if you look through the sitemap, you'll see the most recent time your homepage was updated was the 5th of March 2023. You sitemap is not out of date.

image.png.dc6b1c5f5f74464a634c45cb46d076e4.png

This doesn't answer why you are getting no index errors, have you uploaded your sitemap to google search console and run any manual indexing?

Thanks to you and @ChristineDarby. I am not familiar with site maps and misinterpreted the first date I saw at the top. I loaded my sitemap to Google Search Console some time ago (I think in 2020). Currently I have 45 urls that show as 'Page is not indexed: Discovered – currently not indexed' Here's a link to the csv files of those https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ntrda6g4pcdza3v/AACxsdLwzxtO0r2WZo_VkTPZa?dl=0. Would be grateful if you could confirm next steps I should take to investigate and resolve. Thanks

Edited by prado2020
typo
  • 11 months later...