removing add to cart and chekcout

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Is there a way to completely remove the "store" aspect. I would still like to display items, because I offer rentals. But having the checkout store option is confusing for customers. So hoping to remove the add to cart and the checkout option. 

Screenshot 2023-03-07 182813.png

In general you can hide various elements of the product detail. If you don't setup any payment processors for your site then there is no way for someone to get through a whole purchase cycle.

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue.

A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

Please set up a site-wide password, if your site is not public and you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site.

Please read the site-wide password and how to share a link documentation to understand how they work.

We can then take a look at your issue.

You may find How to post a forum question post useful.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• Solution
On 3/8/2023 at 2:29 AM, taytayL said:

Is there a way to completely remove the "store" aspect. I would still like to display items, because I offer rentals. But having the checkout store option is confusing for customers. So hoping to remove the add to cart and the checkout option. 

You can hide the Quantity Selector and the Add to Cart button by adding this to the Custom CSS panel:

/* 
Squarespace 7.1
Hide Add to Cart button & qty selector 
Tip by sf.digital
*/
.product-quantity-input, .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper {
  display: none!important;
}

You can hide prices of all products by adding this to the Custom CSS panel:

/* 
Squarespace 7.1
Hide Prices on all products
Tip by sf.digital
*/
.product-price {
  display: none;
}

You can also hide the cart icon by toggling the Cart setting off within the header settings:

image.png.f25139e0c065c5176661b58ee0d0688a.png

If you'd like potential clients to be able to select items from your store page and add them to a list that they can submit to you for a quote, please take a look at our Wishlist Extension for Squarespace. It will replace the "Add to Cart" buttons with "Add to my list" buttons (or the phrase of your choice).

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, josepablourena said:

Hello, i would like to hide the price and the 'Add to Cart' button on all my product pages. Is there a simple way to do it?

Try adding to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.list-grid  .grid-prices, .product-price, .ProductItem-details .sqs-add-to-cart-button-wrapper {
  display: none;
}

Support me by pressing 👍 or marking as solution if this is useful for you

Edited by Beyondspace

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Rhiannon888 said:

I want to have an ‘add to Wishlist’ button instead of having a ‘add to cart/check out’ how do i fix this?

This isn't a built in feature on Squarespace so it will require custom code to be written, or you can buy a solution that has already been built and tested. You'll find details of our Wishlist extension here.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the cart and check out button from one page of the site, but then add it back to another?
Currently, one of my clients who is a construction company has the a design library set up like a store and we used code to hide the check out button, etc. However, they now want to add an actual store selling shirts and other items so we need the check out process available. 

Does anyone know if this is possible?

https://www.frankgoodbuilders.com/design-library

10 minutes ago, Delaneysmith said:

Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the cart and check out button from one page of the site, but then add it back to another?

I'm not sure that I fully understand your question.

If you have a standard Squarespace website (without plugins) you can hide the 'Add to Cart' button on one Store page and leave it in place on another, by using some CSS that references the Store page Collection ID. Is that what you're asking, or do you need something else?

On 6/8/2023 at 8:39 AM, paul2009 said:

If you have a standard Squarespace website (without plugins) you can hide the 'Add to Cart' button on one Store page and leave it in place on another, by using some CSS that references the Store page Collection ID. Is that what you're asking, or do you need something else?

@paul2009 What is the CSS that you would use? 

Basically, we have many pages on the website set up like a store but have the shopping cart and prices hidden with code. When we want to create the actual store page, of course the prices and carts are not showing up and we need them to show up for that but not the others. 

• 5 months later...
On 6/8/2023 at 2:39 PM, paul2009 said:

Hi Paul - this exactly what I need for my site: I have one catalogue that only displays items and must not have 'add to cart' button or price, while the other catalogue needs to still have all that (all on same site). Could you help me with the CSS code for this please?

2 hours ago, Annelize said:

I have one catalogue that only displays items and must not have 'add to cart' button or price, while the other catalogue needs to still have all that (all on same site). Could you help me with the CSS code for this please?

I'll assume you have a separate Store page for this catalogue, in which case you can use the same CSS. However, instead of adding it through the Custom CSS panel, you'll want to add it to Code Injection panel within the page settings of that Store page, prefixing the first line with <style> and adding </style> after the last line.

• 1 month later...

Hi there! I'm experiencing sort of the opposite problem -- I am hoping to add the prices to my shopping cart. Currently, when something is in my shopping cart on my website, it does NOT display the prices until you are officially on the checkout screen. I would like it to display the price when you are on the screen after clicking on the cart! I've attached a picture below of the screen I want the prices to show on. 

For reference: I am NOT using Squarespace 7.1 and I am using the Hyde template. Hoping this is an easy fix!

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 1.43.33 PM.png

The prices are already on the page, but they are currently shown in a white font on a white background (I've highlighted them in the screenshot below).image.thumb.png.b63aaf60b728502553287a0b3dcb19ab.png

If you haven't added any CSS to change the colors, I recommend contacting Squarespace Customer Support about this.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bragran99 said:

The new layout doesn't have Design>Custom CSS on the left hand side. Where did they move it to??

You'll find Custom CSS in Website > Website Tools > Custom CSS.

For more information, see Where is the Custom CSS panel?

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kollectoor said:

I'm interested in switching out the "add to cart" button for a "contact" button. Could you please advise on how to accomplish this?

It depends on what you want the contact button to do. Can you provide some more details and a link to the site?

15 hours ago, paul2009 said:

It depends on what you want the contact button to do. Can you provide some more details and a link to the site?

I'd like to incorporate a contact button on the product pages so visitors can send me a message and inquire about the product.

2 hours ago, Kollectoor said:

I'd like to incorporate a contact button on the product pages so visitors can send me a message and inquire about the product.

There are a number of ways to do this, but it depends on whether you want a simple form where the user must manually provide you with details about the product, or if you want this information to be included automatically.

For a simple contact form, you can add a link to your contact form in the Product Description, or provide a contact button in the site header. However, when customers click the link, they'll be using a generic form so the product information will not be included. You'll need to prompt them to provide this information when they complete the form.

If you want to have the product title included when the form is submitted, you'll need some code that pulls this information from the product and then adds it to the form. If you'd prefer to purchase a tested solution, please take a look at my Product Enquiry Form extension.

2 hours ago, paul2009 said:

There are a number of ways to do this, but it depends on whether you want a simple form where the user must manually provide you with details about the product, or if you want this information to be included automatically.

For a simple contact form, you can add a link to your contact form in the Product Description, or provide a contact button in the site header. However, when customers click the link, they'll be using a generic form so the product information will not be included. You'll need to prompt them to provide this information when they complete the form.

If you want to have the product title included when the form is submitted, you'll need some code that pulls this information from the product and then adds it to the form. If you'd prefer to purchase a tested solution, please take a look at my Product Enquiry Form extension.

Ok so how can I do it please ? 

If I want the product title I have to pay for it right ? or can you give me the code for it ?