High bounce rate

My website (d3-associates.co.uk) has been live for about 6mths now. I have a ridiculously high bounce rate (97%!!) and I'd really appreciate some feedback so I can make some changes. I have a large header image but I've used TinyJPG when optimising images. I thought hard about the content and feel it's appropriate to the audience and includes lots of keywords. It's all broken down into small, readable chunks with links off to case studies which I thought would encourage click-throughs. Hoping for some useful guidance. Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Views 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

This can come from the design of your website, but it can also come from the way you find your visitors

Where do you seek visitors from? (Share FB, Google Organic Search, Ads..)

--

I see the page on mobile looks long, you can consider adding a back to top button, there are a lot of posts on forum, about creating this.

Some banner height, on mobile, I think too big, you try consider reduce their height

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Hi - thanks for your reply.

We rely on organic Google searchs mostly but also quote our URL in social posts and include it on our email signatures and any other marketing materials.

I may try reducing the height of the headers. I can see exactly what you mean on mobile view. As far as I could make out, what you see was the standard responsive transition offered with the theme I'd chosen (Clarkson).

Other than that I felt I'd included lots of options for click-throughs on the home page.

I don't have dropdown menus, could that be an issue?

• 1 year later...

As I experienced in my career, page speed matters a lot in bounce rate, if your website's loading time is high, then 40/50% users will bounce back. Get through it, other than that improve the above the fold area, as bounce rate only counts when user go back without even scrolling. So, when your above the fold area is good, it will definitely compel the user to scroll a little bit.