So built my portfolio site a loooong time ago and it seems it was built on 7.0. Wondering how hard will it be for me to migrate this to 7.1? Is it a time-consuming process? Just wondering because I really don't use the site much and don't want to invest a ton in getting it migrated.

Thanks!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

No automatic way to change 7.0 to 7.1

You need to create a new trial site, design your layout, copy content from 7.0 to 7.1 manually, then contact SS Customer Care to transfer transcription from 7.0 to 7.1.

You also should learn more 7.1 because it removed some features (Gallery Block, Share under blog posts, Portfolio limit 40 items,...). I still like 7.0

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 7.0 portfolio squarespace site that I want to transfer to a new 7.1 squarespace domain before the original renews. I have had a lot of trouble in the past with limitations due to the fact that I choose a portfolio template instead of a different one. I can't find any information as to whether I will be able to transfer my site or if I will lose information/formatting/etc. 

Does anyone know the answer? There is an extension that I tried to use a few months ago that's supposed to let you duplicate your site, but it wouldn't do portfolio templates.

From what I have seen, without a plug in, you will need to manually create a new site in 7.1 to use all the new features. I am in the same process right now researching before I make the step to transfer (hopefully before the new domain renews). Plug-ins seem to be possible, but since they are not created officially by Squarespace they may not be as seamless. 

I am also interested to know if the SEO will transfer if I keep the same URL. We are listed quite high in our area and I am concerned that if I change our website that we will have to start over... I am kind of a newbie with SEO so I am just looking for some guidance or reassurance for the best way to proceed. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, pipsavatanen said:

Hi quys! I have just finished my websites, but there's an information that I don't understand. 

image.png.16673685d68ceabf128fd140fc6f043a.png

My websites will renew in a month. What does this mean? Other problem is that I don't find my sites from the Google.

Have you got any idea how to proceed? 🙂

-Pipsa

Did you purchase monthly package or yearly?

New site, will take some time to appear on Google. You can share it on some social: Facebook, Twitter...to improve this time.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...
On 3/5/2023 at 9:13 PM, socalsurf said:

So built my portfolio site a loooong time ago and it seems it was built on 7.0. Wondering how hard will it be for me to migrate this to 7.1?

@socalsurf If you still want to upgrade, there is now an official Squarespace migration tool that upgrades a version 7.0 site to version 7.1. I've provided some details in this guide.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...