Why are "Sold Out" Products appearing as Related Products?

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

Hi there, 

I just noticed that "sold out" products are appearing on product pages where the "related" or "more" products are shown. I currently have a plugin of css that makes "sold out" products appear faded. So you can see that faded items are being shown in this section. Is there a code solution that I can add so these items do not appear?

In the photo attached, the "RC" flag on the right is the one that is sold out/faded and should not be shown.

To be clear, I do want "sold out" items to stay on the site. I just don't want them to appear as "related" items.

My website is www.seacraftvintage.com/shop

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2023-03-05 at 10.59.48 AM.png

17 hours ago, j_m_g said:

I just noticed that "sold out" products are appearing on product pages where the "related" or "more" products are shown. I currently have a plugin of css that makes "sold out" products appear faded. So you can see that faded items are being shown in this section. Is there a code solution that I can add so these items do not appear?

You can use CSS to hide the sold out products in the Related Products area (Tuan has posted the CSS above 🙂) but do bear in mind that if three related products are out of stock, only two related products will be shown. It isn't possible to continue to show five related products, all of which are in stock. 

Me: I'm Paul, a SQSP user for >18 yrs & Circle Leader since 2017. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: Founder of SF.DIGITAL. We provide high quality original extensions to supercharge your Squarespace website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to my own SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is completely free. You can thank me by selecting a feedback emoji. Buying a coffee is generous but optional.