Trouble with SEO Expert

My website does not do very well and im not in the least technical, so i saw that within my sqaurespace account i can hire a squarespace SEO expert, I was completely broke so used my credit card to pay for it.

But he tells me he has done the SEO, But ive seen no improvement, i know it takes time but what worries me

is that he ignores my emails, with my worries and concerns , i ask questions and he does not reply

i only have this persons word for it that he has done any work on my website SEO  at all

also, once i give one of these squarespace experts access to my squarespace account how do i stop that? do i just change my password?

is there also a way that my website SEO can be checked?

please no one send me replies trying to sell me there services.

To remove permissions, visit Settings > Permissions, and click the 3 dots in upper right corner. Website owners should not share their own login info -- invite individual contributors to the site with the appropriate level of permissions. If you shared your password, yes change it. 

You can leave a detailed review on the platform where you hired.

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

Hi @rosieblue1969 - first of all, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. 

If you send me your site, I can look at it and give my opinion.

I'll soon be launching a Squarespace SEO plugin which will give you a free way for you to check your website's SEO, but it's such a subjective thing in some cases, unfortunately.

@ChristineDarby has listed the way to remove access - doing this may not improve your situation, as if anything needs to be changed, the expert can't do so.

Henry Purchase

Founder of SEOSpace - the SEO plugin for Squarespace.

Get a Free Squarespace SEO Audit: https://www.seospace.co.uk/squarespace-seo-audit-score

image.png.f2cf8f5bd8cb76803cb561be0b303142.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 9:21 AM, SEOSpace_Henry said:

Hi @rosieblue1969 - first of all, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. 

If you send me your site, I can look at it and give my opinion.

I'll soon be launching a Squarespace SEO plugin which will give you a free way for you to check your website's SEO, but it's such a subjective thing in some cases, unfortunately.

@ChristineDarby has listed the way to remove access - doing this may not improve your situation, as if anything needs to be changed, the expert can't do so.

Hi Thank you, this is my website, https://www.tinylove-wedding-cake-toppers.co.uk/

On 3/5/2023 at 3:06 PM, ChristineDarby said:

To remove permissions, visit Settings > Permissions, and click the 3 dots in upper right corner. Website owners should not share their own login info -- invite individual contributors to the site with the appropriate level of permissions. If you shared your password, yes change it. 

You can leave a detailed review on the platform where you hired.

thank you, were can i leave a review for the SEO expert? because i can't see any reviews for them on google or on thier website.