How do I work with images that appear in a template, they're not in my library.

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I'm creating a new website and chose a template with which to start.  I love the images in the template but need to move them around, change size, etc. But I'm not able to do that, and I don't see the images in my library.  Are template images useable and how can I get them into my library so that I can use them on other pages, etc.?

• Solution
9 hours ago, patriceacer said:

I love the images in the template. Are template images useable and how can I get them into my library so that I can use them on other pages, etc.?

The images are owned by Squarespace and are copyrighted. You're required to replace the demo content with your own, as explained in the Squarespace Terms of Service:

"Demo Content (or any portion of it) may not remain on Your Site or in Your Videos or be distributed, publicly displayed, publicly performed or otherwise published."

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, Pil said:

I would like to use a pre-existing image of the template as a background of a new section I created.

As explained in my post above, the demo content is copyrighted and should not be used.

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.