Using Blog vs Portfolio page for project portfolio in SS 7.1

I'm curious of others' opinions as I am finally upgrading my agency site to 7.1 and fluid engine and looking for the best way to display our work portfolio. I've always loved using the blog and summary blocks in the past for our portfolio but I'm wondering the pros/cons of using a portfolio vs blog on 7.1? I love that I have full control over the individual portfolio items with the portfolio page with fluid engine, but it's kind of a pain that you can't use summary blocks with it so I'm conflicted. 

Curious about what others have found to be the better option? 

2 minutes ago, mjcreative said:

I'm curious of others' opinions as I am finally upgrading my agency site to 7.1 and fluid engine and looking for the best way to display our work portfolio. I've always loved using the blog and summary blocks in the past for our portfolio but I'm wondering the pros/cons of using a portfolio vs blog on 7.1? I love that I have full control over the individual portfolio items with the portfolio page with fluid engine, but it's kind of a pain that you can't use summary blocks with it so I'm conflicted. 

Curious about what others have found to be the better option? 

I went back and forth and eventually landed on the portfolio block. I liked the display options better which is probably not helpful lol since you like the way the blog displays them. 

if you rest your finger on one of the segments, a thumbnail of the site will pop up on mobile and if you have her over a certain name under stop, it'll pop up. 

https://www.fifthestatedesigns.studio/portfolio

16 hours ago, sayreambrosio said:

I went back and forth and eventually landed on the portfolio block. I liked the display options better which is probably not helpful lol since you like the way the blog displays them. 

if you rest your finger on one of the segments, a thumbnail of the site will pop up on mobile and if you have her over a certain name under stop, it'll pop up. 

https://www.fifthestatedesigns.studio/portfolio

Thanks for the input! I do like the way the Portfolio pages display and that they are powered by fluid engine. I just wish we had more flexibility to display them dynamically across the rest of the site like blog posts. 

• 2 months later...

How is this not an option. I just spend an hour creating a portfolio template only to find out it's not possible to feature the individual portfolio items on another page like a blogpost, which doesn't have the fluid engine... I mean, who makes these decisions? The things Squarespace users put up with as if they're done a favour is staggering.