weglot language switcher

my language switcher is loading the word 'english' and then 'EN'. This causes the header menu to jump. Any fix on this? Also for the language switcher I'd like to not have a dropdown menu and drop down arrow. Just something simple like: EN PT. I've tried adding language link hooks (#Weglot-xx) as suggested by webglot but they don't seem to work. any help would be amazing. thanks 

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your website URL.

Squarespace proposes an awesome documentation that explains how to customize the language switcher. You should be able, by following the process as mentioned in the documentation below, to replace the language codes with the language full names in the language switcher on your website.
See => https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205809778-Creating-a-multilingual-site-in-Squarespace?platform=v6&websiteId=61dff047a6fa2b0ccb9d5d89

Don't hesitate to contact us at support@weglot.com if you need more information or further help.

Have a great day,

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, just wanted to add my voice to this.

I'd also really like a solution for language switching that doesn't use a drop down menu. For only two languages it doesn't make sense from a UX point of view. It's also confusing having the title of the menu as the current language, it doesn't immediately indicate to a user that its a menu and you can select another language. Two simple buttons side by side with the language code (i.e. EN, ES, DE etc) would be so much clearer and more elegant.

@Eugene_Weglot
Any help to implement this on my site would be much appreciated.

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 6:37 PM, vincentlefre said:

Hi, just wanted to add my voice to this.

I'd also really like a solution for language switching that doesn't use a drop down menu. For only two languages it doesn't make sense from a UX point of view. It's also confusing having the title of the menu as the current language, it doesn't immediately indicate to a user that its a menu and you can select another language. Two simple buttons side by side with the language code (i.e. EN, ES, DE etc) would be so much clearer and more elegant.

@Eugene_Weglot
Any help to implement this on my site would be much appreciated.

This is exactly what I am trying to do on my website, but as of now I didn't find how.

@Eugene_Weglot Is there any way of achieving this ? Thank you in advance