I have added a GDPR message to the Checkout section where people will enter contact details, I have 2 questions relating to this.

1) Do I need to add anything else to the actual GDPR text? I do have terms and conditions of sale already in the checkout section, and I also had them as information with the actual artwork information.

2) Should I put this on every page of the website, and if so, how? Too many banners would look messy - I'm planning on a newsletter pop-up thing later - but could I simply have a link at the bottom for GDPR and Terms & Conditions, so that visitors can just go and read these and we'll all be in the clear?

I'm in Ireland and the EU so I HAVE to do the GDPR thing. 

Thanks in advance, everyone. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Orla

Under GDPR you have to be able to completely delete a user's / customer's personal information if requested to do so. It's captured under the "right to erasure" or commonly called "the right to be forgotten".

Currently, Squarespace allows you to remove a user from a mailing list (so you would no longer send them campaigns), but you cannot delete that user from your profile.

This can't possibly be GDPR compliant so I have had to find an alternative solution to Squarespace email lists and campaign. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this. I should have mentioned that I am using MailChimp for the user data, I decided to add it since I posted my query up, having done some research. If I was to the SquareSpace data storage, I would have had to pay extra for it, but could get a free version from MailChimp.

Since posting this I have improved the Privacy Policy, Terms of Sale and Returns and Refunds, and just put all that stuff on one page and provided a link to it from the information on the artworks. If you could take another quick look for me, that would be great. *Pretty please*

• 1 month later...
On 5/14/2023 at 4:51 PM, AdamSwish said:

Hi Orla

Under GDPR you have to be able to completely delete a user's / customer's personal information if requested to do so. It's captured under the "right to erasure" or commonly called "the right to be forgotten".

Currently, Squarespace allows you to remove a user from a mailing list (so you would no longer send them campaigns), but you cannot delete that user from your profile.

This can't possibly be GDPR compliant so I have had to find an alternative solution to Squarespace email lists and campaign. 

I am dealing with this right now and it's a nightmare.