What's new at Squarespace - February 2023

We’ve been collecting updates all month. Here’s everything new with the platform in February!  

Commerce

Order status page shipment tracker

We’ve added a shipment tracker to the order status page so shoppers can stay in the loop with their orders. When you fulfill an order and enter a tracking number, the order status page will update automatically to include it. 

Please note, the tracker will only display for shoppers who chose a carrier calculated shipping option and if the shipping label was purchased through Squarespace.

Learn more about how tracking numbers appear

Google Workspace 

Now offering the Business Plus plan

In addition to Business Starter and Business Standard plans, we now support the Business Plus plan when you sign up for a new Google Workspace account from your Squarespace site. The Business Plus plan offers 5TB of cloud storage per user and other collaboration tools to help run your business. 

Learn more about the Business Plus plan’s features and pricing

Squarespace Scheduling

New integration: Reserve with Google 

We’ve launched an integration with Reserve with Google. When added, a Book Online button will appear next to your business listing on Google, reducing the clicks it takes a potential customer to book with you.

Learn more about the Reserve with Google integration

New monthly calendar template

We’ve refreshed the appearance of the monthly calendar templates to save clients time when scheduling an appointment. Available appointment times will now display to the right of the calendar with the availability of the next bookable date displaying by default. 

Learn more about the monthly calendar template

Websites and domains 

Customization settings in video blocks  

You can now customize playback settings in the block editor for videos that are hosted on Squarespace. You can mute, auto-play, loop, and choose how many player control buttons appear. Please note, these customization options are only available for uploaded videos, not videos hosted externally. 

Learn more about customizing video settings

Organize your assets with folders  

We released the Asset Library (a hub for your site’s files, images and videos) back in December. This month, you can now use folders to organize your assets and keep everything in place. 

Learn more about using folders in the Asset Library.

Justify your text 

By popular demand, you can now justify your text in text blocks. When you justify text, each line is aligned with both the left and right margins creating a clean look. 

Learn more about justified text.

New domain TLDs available 

When you register a domain, you can choose from nine TLDs we newly offer: .app, .boo, .charity, .day, .dev, .fan, .llc, .page, .rsvp.

Visit the full list of TLDs you can register or transfer to Squarespace.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there @Parker_SQSP, thanks for the update! Are there plans to include functionality with the Asset Library where it will show you which photos ARE and AREN'T being used on your site?

I built my site a couple of years ago and have many duplicates of photos... I wish I could just use one everywhere... currently, if I want to delete the extras, I have no idea which photo I'm actually using (since they're all identical) and usually end up deleting the one I'm using so end up having to re-upload anyway.

Would be a super useful feature add-on!

The `Asset Folders` is great! Now I can manage my stuff in an organized way

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hi team, can you share what's next on the email marketing fetures? It's so far behind competitors ....

for example:

- a subscriber can't update their First Name/Last name or change their email subsription themselves for example between different lists

- # of emails you can send in still ridiculously low

it's a nice integration with Squarespace for design but if the functionality are so basic, that's not useful at all...

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the update! Will Squarespace's Asset Library have a feature that distinguishes between used and unused photos on the site?

Having many duplicate photos from building my site a couple of years ago, I wish I could just use one image everywhere. However, since they are all identical, I can't tell which ones are in use and end up accidentally deleting the wrong image. It would be helpful to have this feature added!

At that time, Squarespace had announced some updates for their platform, including:

Enhanced e-commerce features: Squarespace added some features to make it easier for e-commerce store owners to manage their inventory and product pages. This includes a new stock management system and the ability to create product variations.

Improvements to the email campaign tool: Squarespace added some new features to their email campaign tool, including the ability to send automated email sequences and more advanced segmentation options.

Integration with Google My Business: Squarespace users can now link their Squarespace website to their Google My Business account, making it easier for customers to find their business online.

Improved mobile app: Squarespace released an updated version of their mobile app, which includes new features such as the ability to create and edit pages, view website analytics, and manage orders and inventory.

It's possible that Squarespace has released additional updates since my knowledge cutoff, so it's a good idea to check their official website or blog for the latest news and updates.

• Jo_SQSP unpinned this topic