High CPU usage with MemberSpace on MacOS

Hello;

I used MemberSpace for content restriction (SquareSpace's audiences is just way too limited in functionality). I've been using it for more than a year. Over the last few weeks, when I open my site for configuration (.../config), the CPU usage goes above 100% and stays until I close the tab. It is the same on All browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Safari). After contacting SquareSpace support, they discovered the MemberSpace code injection is causing the issue. I tested this and when I remove their code injections, the CPU Usage drops to normal levels. this is their Header code injection which is causing the issue:

<script>
var MemberSpace = window.MemberSpace || {"subdomain":"ipsc"};
(function(d){
  var s = d.createElement("script");
  s.src = "https://cdn.memberspace.com/scripts/widgets.js";
  var e = d.getElementsByTagName("script")[0];
  e.parentNode.insertBefore(s,e);
}(document));
</script>

I do not see this issue, when going to my site as a normal user. I opened a support ticket with Memberspace, but wanted to know if anyone here is running to similar issue and if they have a solution. I am running macOS 13.2.1 (22D68). i do not know if a similar issue exists on Windows system or not. 

thank you in advance.

Behruz...

• Replies 1
  • Views 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is unlikely that the code you posted is the issue but code that is referenced within the code you posted.

I know a subtle but important difference. When you reference code that is out of your control (Memberspace's) there is not much you or we can do about their potentially broken code, except report it to them.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.