Do I need Version 7.1 and how download it? Thank you

Hello,

I am trying to understand if my current website needs to be updated to the 7.1 version in order to set up an e-commerce store. Can you walk me through how to set up an e-commerce store on an already existing Squarespace website? 

Thanks! 

• Replies 2
  • Views 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to understand if my current website needs to be updated to the 7.1 version in order to set up an e-commerce store.

If your site is v7.0 then the answer is no, you don't have to upgrade to v7.1 to use e-commerce.If you like your v7.0 site and it's features, there is no compelling reason to update.

There are some differences in how Product pages (v7.0) and Store pages (v7.1) work. But overall the concepts are fairly similar.

The trick for you will be to make sure when you are reading support pages and such will be that you read instructions that are specific to the v7.0 version. If you are reading something and it doesn't seem to be going well, verify that the steps are specific to v7.0.

You can easily get started on your e-commerce jorney by creating a new Product page and starting to fill in your products.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.