Creating splash page - can't figure out

Ok basically I started building a site for a client in the template that they chose and I have a basic draft working (see here). They now want to home page to be like a splash page where the top logo/image fills the whole screen like this https://quincy-fluid-demo.squarespace.com/?nochrome=true . So when you change screen size it still adapts and shows the same content. 

Is this possible with the template I'm using? I know you can't change templates now which is frustrating but what is this feature called and how can I find it?

I've tried to follow online tutorials for cover page but I think the 7.1 version doesn't have that as an option?

THANKS! 

Edited by Shradams
adding link
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Both sites are 7.1. The easiest way to make a splash/landing page like the photography site has is this:

1 Create a blank page.

2 Add a blank section to the page.

3 Edit the section and choose the background tab and choose the image tab.

4 Upload an image or choose from your library. 

5. Set the image for full bleed. 

6 Edit header choose desktop view go to layout choose logo over nav bar, the last option. 

7 edit the section again and click add a block, choose the button block, and drag to the bottom of the image. Edit for  page  and choose the page link. Hit done and save. 

8. When done make the new page your home page. 

I built one on my 7.1 lab site which you can see here: 

https://rust-maroon-ajph.squarespace.com/

password is landing

Edited by derricksrandomviews