How to relaunch client site and keep Google Workspace, Stripe payments, etc.?

I redesigned a client's Squarespace site using a new account since they wanted to change templates and are on 7.0. The design is now approved and ready to go live. I want to make this switchover with a minimum of downtime and data loss.

The client currently has:

- Domain NOT registered at Squarespace

- Stripe payments integration through Squarespace

- Google Workspace billed through Squarespace

The client needs to continue Stripe for incoming donations (it's a nonprofit) and Google Workspace for essential email and data storage. If possible, they'd also like to transfer the remainder of the paid Business account membership to the new site.

What's the best way to do this?

Edited by GeoJetson
  • GeoJetson changed the title to How to relaunch client site and keep Google Workspace, Stripe payments, etc.?
  • Replies 1
  • Views 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/26/2023 at 8:23 PM, GeoJetson said:

I redesigned a client's Squarespace site using a new account. I want to make this switchover with a minimum of downtime and data loss. The client currently has:

• Domain NOT registered at Squarespace
  • Stripe payments integration through Squarespace
  • Google Workspace billed through Squarespace

Please read the Moving from Squarespace version 7.0 to version 7.1 checklist. As you'll read, some data cannot be migrated and connections must be reconnected manually. For example:

• The domain must be disconnected from the old site and then manually connected to the new one.
  • Stripe must be manually connected to the new site.
  • Google Workspace can only be transferred by Squarespace. You'll need to contact Customer Care to request this.
  • The website billing plan cannot be transferred to the new site. You or your client will need to purchase a billing plan for the new site and then cancel the old site to avoid paying for multiple sites at the same time. You can contact Customer Care to find out if you’re eligible for a prorated refund for switching sites.
  • Customer accounts and profiles, analytics data and order data cannot be migrated.
  • Product reviews cannot be migrated.
  • etc

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.