Code Block Not Appearing On Page

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

I have a Give Lively donation widget added to a site at https://www.skagitonians.org/donate-membership. The widget code block is appearing most of the time but sometimes when accessing the page from the navigation (Join + Give / Donate & Membership), the code does't appear unless refreshing the page. This happens most often on PC but has happened on Mac across Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers. This is problematic as donors may not see the donation form when they arrive on the page. Any idea what could be causing this? Thanks!

Could be a loading issue, I could not duplicate the problem on Chrome, but it did happen with Edge. Do you have code installed to make the folder clickable? Edge will ignore code or doesn't load it correctly sometimes. I have a custom mouse cursor on one set of blog pages, Edge ignores it all the time. If you are using code, I suggest you post that snippet, and the coders here may see where it can be modified to fix this for you. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • Solution
6 hours ago, mackenzieu said:

I have a Give Lively donation widget added to a site at https://www.skagitonians.org/donate-membership. The widget code block is appearing most of the time but sometimes when accessing the page from the navigation (Join + Give / Donate & Membership), the code does't appear unless refreshing the page.

This is because the Give Lively donation code is not compatible with the Ajax Page Loading feature that is enabled by default on this site (Brine-family template on Squarespace 7.0).

For this code to work, you'll need to disable Ajax Page Loading in Site Styles.

See my guide Why does code only work on refresh? for a more in-depth explanation.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.