What's the difference between Store and Shop?

Newbie here, apologies in advance for stupid questions. I've been setting up in Squarespace for the first time ever, it's taken me a day and a half, and I must say it's so refreshing. I just have one thing I'm a bit baffled by: what's the difference between the Store and the Shop? I have a bunch of products uploaded to the Store, it's a nice little catalog, and seems to be working well with the other pages. But I notice there's another link, entitled Shop, and I only have a few items listed there. Some are duplicates of the Store products. So the end result is I have a Store page, and a Shop page. I'm not sure why? Don't I just need one product catalog? And one "online store or shop" for the customer to browse? 

I'm using a PC with Windows 10, if that is relevant, and I chose the Hales template. Thanks everyone! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same question! It looks like the inventory I was adding was being categorized and added to the "Store" page. Nothing was flowing through the "shop". So, I deleted the "shop" page first, then I went into the "Store" general settings and changed all of the settings to say "shop" where it said "store". I like the look of the word "shop" better for my site.

Edited by mogboz
new info

@AnneC2023 @mogboz If the Shop was there when you started the site, it was more than likely demo content and the page was just renamed. There isn't a shop feature to pick from when you add one, just store.

If you are wanting to change the wording from Store to Shop you can do so by clicking on the gear icon for the Store page and it will open up the page settings where you can rename it.