Stuck launching my website

Hi all - new here - 

Is there any way of speaking with someone at Square Space as I've got in a bit of a muddle.

Picked a template & edited it to what I was happy with...ish.

Thought by pressing submit this would go live but its only gone live as the temporary template ? not as my domain website which still says "under construction".

Also on the temp site, the buttons on the first page "services" "about" "contact" do not link you down to the relative sections but throw you into the Squarespace template info ???

Hope that makes sense?

• Replies 5
  • Views 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any way of speaking with someone at Square Space as I've got in a bit of a muddle.

Yes. Please Contact Customer Support and item six on the forum guidelines.

It sounds like you may gone through Squarespace's relatively new way to get a site up and running. I've not used it extensively but it sounds like SS didn't do enough to inform you of what the results of your selected options would be.

When you are through with selecting options, a new site is created for you, in trial mode [1, 2]. When you create a site in trial mode, it is not public by default.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Still no luck - all roads for help (other than here) lead to dropdown boxes none of which are helpful to me.

Perhaps I shouldn't have used Squarespace as a novice & probably being stupid, but I would at least expect there to be a chatline somewhere.

Surely there must be an e-mail / chat bot or telephone number somewhere.

Ahhhh...

On 2/25/2023 at 10:14 AM, Arkley123 said:

Thought by pressing submit this would go live but its only gone live as the temporary template

As I mentioned a trial site is not public by default although published in a sense as you can get to it, just nobody else can.

It you are ready go go public please see Publishing or hiding your site.

Lots of useful information on the support site.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.