Text Decoration in Safari defaulting to site paragraph color, not text color

Took me forever to figure out what was happening here, but I still don't know how to fix it - the text-decoration-thickness when viewed in Safari (desktop only) is appearing a different color than the rest of the text. It defaults to the site's root Paragraph Link Color rather than the color that has been applied to the links. This is only happening in Safari and appears as a line or shadow under the inherit line (I have it set to 2px thickness, so the "added" 1 px is appearing as the wrong color). 

https://sistersnacking.squarespace.com/

pw 20reformette23

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 7.57.43 PM.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I found a workaround for this where I'm assigning to "heading link color" for *backgrounds only* as the intended color, and then changing the background color to the same color as the rest of the site. Then I change each instance of a header-style link to have this background. This seems to fix it, but is not entirely ideal.

Seemingly, even though there are different color palette attributes for the heading link color and the paragraph color, Safari uses the paragraph link color for text-decoration even when it's a header.