How to make homepage like this?

Go to solution Solved by derricksrandomviews,

Hi all!

Can someone help me with advice?

how to make homepage in Squarespace like this (in attach)? 

Menu and title at the top. Slider with photos on the left. The caption for each photo appears on the right

mb i'ts noob question..but plz :)

Снимок экрана 2023-02-24 в 17.44.23.png

There are a number of ways to make this type of page. It looks like it could be Wexley, Avenue, or one of many 7.0 Templates laid out to the left (like my site) with one page, one image block, a text block, or a card block on the right. It could even be a blog post, but that is not likely. I suspect the website where this image was located is no longer active. You said slider, do the images rotate horizontally?  A template very close in style to this one is Forte, here is the demo:

https://forte-demo.squarespace.com/

17 minutes ago, derricksrandomviews said:

There are a number of ways to make this type of page. It looks like it could be Wexley, Avenue, or one of many 7.0 Templates laid out to the left (like my site) with one page, one image block, a text block, or a card block on the right. It could even be a blog post, but that is not likely. I suspect the website where this image was located is no longer active. You said slider, do the images rotate horizontally?  A template very close in style to this one is Forte, here is the demo:

https://forte-demo.squarespace.com/

yes, the image in the screenshot is a slider, but it's not a "carousel", and when you click on the image, it just changes to another image (the caption on the right also changes accordingly). Forte is similar...but just a little bit, there's a slider on the whole screen and there are no caps

Can I do it from the Avenue/Wexley? There are a lot of images in the default template, can I somehow leave only one block with images?

• Solution

Yes, you can, with Avenue or Wexley with a text block on the side or it can be a gallery page with one image viewed in an index page although I think the first would be better, and it can be your home page. I suggest that you take a look at an Avenue site and a Wexley site, they will give you more of an overview than the demo. I have one of each that I built at the moment and both are photography sites both are using landing page templates an option not available in 7.1 (Which is a great feature) The site headers for both can be left, right, or centered. Also on Avenue, if you choose a gallery in pictures the description can be on the right side of the image. 

my random views

https://christinegregoryphotography.com/

Edited by derricksrandomviews