Scaling issue - User sees different formatting than I do in editor

Edit: It does seem to be the scale text option. How does one get the different text lines to be different sizes like in screenshot1? I only have the choice between the 4 headers and there not the right sizes. Forgive my ignorance, like I said I'm new to this. Expected it to be a little more drag and drop like it said haha. 

Like the title states the user sees the formatting differently than I do in the editor. 

In the editor and on my desktop I see this (Screenshot1), but on my tablet/my wifes laptop we see this (screenshot2). 

What gives? It seems to be an error with the text box and the 'scale text' option? The first line scales properly, but the last 2 do not. New to square space and I've had a few weird bugs now that are making me second guess using this service... 

www.nomad.repair

Screenshot2.jpeg

Screenshot1.png

Edited by NomadRepair
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure exactly what's going on here, the scale text option is very powerful, it bounds the text either with the width of the text block or the height. As the screen gets narrower the grid columns get narrower and therefore so do the text blocks. So my guess is that on desktop you are seeing the text bounded by the block height, but when you look on a tablet it is bounded by the block width and hence makes the text much smaller, leaving gaps. My suggestion would be to make the blocks as wide as you can on desktop, and use the grid height to bound the text and set it's size, that way it will change less on tablet. 

You could also turn off Fill Screen in the section settings, set the height to L, and use fewer rows to get the length of the section more under control.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)