Organizing Pages makes them "disappear"

This started about 2 weeks ago... Anytime I drag pages (folders are ok) in the "Pages" section, they disappear. Squarespace official support said to remove website data and try a diff browser. Clearing web data (in latest Safari on latest MacOS) shows the pages again and where they 'jumped' to. BUT dragging will again cause this issue. It is also happening in Firefox. I downloaded Chrome, that was never on this machine, and it happens there, too. 

Anybody else experiencing this or know of a fix? I felt as tho SS official support just blew me off, the support person just said "well it doesn't happen for me". Feeling stuck and any ideas would be much appreciated.

I did have a strange bug on a website where I would rearrange pages and they would seem to disappear, they were going into random folders. Is that what's happening to you? I've not found a solution to this but it doesn't happen very often.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

I have seen this happen now and then. I seem to recall it was in Pages panels with lots of items in it.

If I reload the page, the page shows up again in a place I didn't put it. I'd say folders as @Ziggy mentions.

It's like the drag and drop code gets confused after a long drag, craps out, and drops it in the nearest folder when it failed.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

4 hours ago, creedon said:

It's like the drag and drop code gets confused after a long drag, craps out, and drops it in the nearest folder when it failed.

I'd have to agree with that statement!

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 11 months later...

This is driving me insane! Images disappear and if I change my font size every element on the page changes with it. OR when I write a lot all of the elements drag down the page with the text. Editing one element should not effect anything else on the page, I can only imagine how much time I spend redoing things that are undone because I try to change the size of text or an element on a page!! Grrrrr!!

• 1 month later...