Issues with Google Indexing - "Page is not indexed: Page with redirect"

Hi

I hope someone can help me with an issue I am struggling with.

I have an issue with getting my website indexed by google. 

I have been told that my site has a redirect on it and google can't index it as a result. 

I haven't put any redirects on the page and have only used SquareSpace components/templates to build the site - so I can't see where the issue is.

I am waiting to transfer my domain across from GoDaddy (the site is built in SS but I purchased the URL through GD)  - which may be an issue , I assume there may be some form of redirect in use to point to the SquareSpace servers?  

It has been indexed previously but as of the 19th of Feb it seems google can't index my site.

I have no idea what is going on here - any suggestions (bearing in mind I am about a 3/10 on the technical skills side)

Thanks 

Justin

Picture9.png

Picture10.png

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The examples above are looking at the non-www version of your URL. But you selected the www version as preferred and it is indexed. 

Edited by ChristineDarby
clarity

Have SEO questions? Chances are we've written about it! Try a quick Google search to find our advice. Or for personalized support, see our consulting and training sessions.  Official Squarespace Experts since 2014 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Christine - any SS whizzes,

I wonder if you could help me too? I launched my SS site early Feb, have connected to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools and verified ownership etc but my site is completely unfindable via all search engines e.g. Google, Bing, Yahoo etc, including when search by 'site: domain')

I have submitted sitemaps to both Google and Bing and have requested indexing on all pages. It has been circa 6 weeks for Google. I've used the URL Inspection tools, Google confirms no pages are indexed and Bing states "Discovered but not crawled - URL cannot appear on Bing" for all webpages. At present, my site can only be found by typing the exact URL into the browser address bar. The site is live, does not have a password, has content is optimised for SEO. There isn't any code restricting crawls or robots. 

The domain is controlled by GoDaddy - https://www.yundies.co.uk

Any ideas appreciated. Both SS and GoDaddy believe its the others issue. After going through all the guides I can find online, I'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance,

Anna