Pay-What-You-Want Concert

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution

This isn’t possible.

Squarespace doesn’t have a variable price type. You may want to look at ticketing platforms as some offer this feature. The only workarounds on Squarespace are to offer ‘price’ variants at several fixed prices, or to use the quantity to increase the price (20 x $1 = $20) but neither of these are ideal and they will prevent you tracking/controlling inventory. 

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 2/22/2023 at 11:31 PM, AnchSymphony said:

We are planning a Pay-What-You-Want concert. I am trying to set up ticket sales on our site and don't see how I can leave the price of an item blank for the buyer to input.

The simple, but not perfect way to do this is to set the price at $1 and then direct users to set the quantity to the price in dollars that they want to pay. So if you type in 25 to the quantity the total will be $25. This has to be done carefully as you don't necessarily want to be delivering 25 digital items, so may be better to add the product as a service, and then in the confirmation email add the ticket.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Squarespace Team! The demand for sliding scale and equitable pricing models is only going to increase. Can your programmers help us to offer more inclusive options to our audiences without having to send them through a bunch of workarounds? Pretty please? 

Thank you for considering. -kate

On 4/16/2023 at 2:08 AM, katedgr8 said:

Hey Squarespace Team! The demand for sliding scale and equitable pricing models is only going to increase. Can your programmers help us to offer more inclusive options to our audiences without having to send them through a bunch of workarounds? Pretty please? 

Thank you for considering. -kate

This is a user forum, if you want to put in a feature request you will need to contact Squarespace Support.

Please like and upvote if my comments were helpful to you. Cheers!

Zygmunt Spray
Squarespace Website Designer
Contact me: 
https://squarefortytwo.com 

Did I help? Buy me a coffee?

🔌 Ghost Squarespace Plugins (Referral link)
📈 SEO Space (Referral link)
 SquareWebsites Plugins (Referral link)
 🔲 SQSP Themes (Referral link) 
Spark Plugin (Referral link)