SEO Errors

I just started an account with SEMRush to help me out with my site.  I'm coming up with some errors that I don't really understand.  

First error is 40 issues with unminified Javascript and CSS and the other error is 20 pages with low text-HTML ratio.  I'm pretty new to this so not sure if I understand correct but it appears that there is too much code on my site.  I did have Custom CSS previously deleted almost all of that from the custom CSS when I had an issue where I crashed my site with a broken plugin.  I'm attaching screenshots of what I have in my Custom CSS and Code Injection part of Squarespace.  I feel like it's minimal so I don't understand my errors from SEMRush ..... unless there is stuff still stuck in there from the old plugins that I can't get out myself.  

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!  

My website address https://www.carolpeakeattorney.com.  

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 4.35.40 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 5.26.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-22 at 5.25.52 PM.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/22/2023 at 10:31 PM, mandy030702 said:

First error is 40 issues with unminified Javascript and CSS

This is not a factor that you can influence yourself so you can safely ignore this warning. It shows that the tool does not understand the Squarespace platform and how it works. 

For Squarespace specific advice, please see these Squarespace support guides:

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thank you but I would say that it does appear that my site is running a little bit slow and before seeing your response, I was able to narrow it down to the two files that they are telling me to minify.  It's actually just 2 files but they repeat on each page.

These are the 2 files.  You wouldn't happen to know what these are for would you?   I was able to click on them to view the code and they definitely appeared rather large.  I just want to make sure I can safely ignore the warnings since my speed appears slow.  

https://assets.squarespace.com/universal/scripts-compressed/common-vendors-d4c8824f34d7c03a6c155-min.en-US.js

https://assets.squarespace.com/universal/scripts-compressed/cldr-resource-pack-56fdc0b6309d3f37f75e8-min.en-US.js

I was able to narrow it down to the two files that they are telling me to minify.

The files are already minified.

You wouldn't happen to know what these are for would you?

Files that make your site function. They are not optional. Even if they were, SS provides no interface to select which files will or won't load when your site loads.

I was able to click on them to view the code and they definitely appeared rather large.

It takes a lot of code to make SS function the way it does.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.